Welcome to my world!

Backyard Birding in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas:
Surrounded by great birding destinations, our favorite patch is still the backyard (or the front), where we've seen more than 270 species of birds. Sit awhile, and watch the river and yard with us!




Friday, June 18, 2010

Great Egret: Florida Everglades, May 9, 2010



This is my response to a challenge, "Wordless Wednesday (Saturday edition)."  I don't think anyone thinks I can be wordless.  But what words are needed here? 

9 comments:

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

What a ravishing photo. You have a gift, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing this lovely bird.

Jon Storey said...

Lovely shot!

Tussy said...

so lovely capture, love the white!

My Inspiration
My Bangkok Through My Eyes

KaHolly said...

Magnificent!! You captured it so well. Good job. I love your new header! ~karen

Jain said...

This one is stunning blown up to full size. The detail of the feathers is just gorgeous.

stan said...

I wld certainly love to explore where you live!

Carver said...

What a fantastic shot and a beautiful bird. Excellent.

Zyzzyz said...

A magnificent bird.

FAB said...

Stunningly beautiful.